Welcome to Orchard Park Remote Recreation! We will help you discover fun and entertaining ways to keep active with your children. Follow these links to explore ways to stay fit and active at home.
Arts and Crafts/Activities
- Diversity - understanding that each individual is unique and recognizing our individual differences.
- Gratitude - feeling or showing appreciation of a kindness received; thankful.
- Honesty - When you speak the truth and act truthfully.
- Kindness - The quality or state of being gentle and considerate.
- Perseverance - keep going even when things get difficult.
- Respect - to act in a way that shows you care about other's feelings and well-being.
- Self-control - being able to control your actions, feelings, and emotions.
- African Lion Safari - try out some safari at home activities to entertain your little ones!
- Brain Scape - Offers a million flashcard decks for every subject, entrance exam, and certification imaginable
- Climate Kids - This Nasa initiative covers a wide range of topics including weather, climate change, atmosphere, water, energy, plants and animals.
- Environmental Nature Center - Educational videos geared toward school aged children.
- Kids Think Design - Explore careers in fashion design, graphic design, interior design, film & theatre, architecture, animation and more!
- National Geographic - NatGeoKids - Learn about geography, animals and nature from National Geographic
- The OT Tool Box - At home OT, PT, and ST resources designed to build skills in children through movement and play.
- PBS Learning - PreK-12 digital media service with thousands of learning materials!
- Reinstein Woods - Connecting with Nature in the time of COVID
- The Science Spot - Science projects that can be completed with or without internet access!
- Tift Nature Preserve - Osprey cam
- Tinkergarten Activities - fun activities for all ages
- TR Inaugural Site - One of America's best-known and most influential presidents can to be inaugurated in Buffalo, NY! Take a virtual tour.
- Hold a virtual playdate
- Build a fort!
- Family game night
- Make a Time Capsule with your family- include photos, letters, and tokens that you feel represent this time. Even include news paper articles from the past several days. This will help us remember what happened during this time in future years.
- Escape Room - Transform your family fun night into an immersive escape room adventure with a simple kit!
- How to Cook!
- Indoor Scavenger Hunt Riddles - a scavenger hunt, sometimes known as a treasure hunt, can be played indoors our out!
- Nomster Chef - Illustrated recipes designed to help kids ages 2-12 cook with their families!
Virtual Field Trips