Swimming at Green Lake Ends for the Season
Please read NEW Beach Protocol 2020
Located on North Lake Road, off South Buffalo Street, the Park is open to Orchard Park residents and their guests
Swimming will be open weather and water quality permitting: Each day starting June 27th
Swimming is only open when lifeguards on duty
Guards are on duty Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 1:20- 5:30 and Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday Sunday from 11:30 am -5:30 pm.
*Please note the hours may vary depending upon weather. Whenever it rains .50 inches or more we must close the beach to take a water sample as per Erie County Health Department. For the next 10 weeks the DEC is doing water testing which does not affect the open and closing of the beach area.
Children under 16 yrs of age must be accompanied by an adult.
This activity is free and open to Orchard Park residents and their guests.
No Dogs allowed on the beach please
Beach Protocol 2020
Beginning June 27th we will be opening the beach Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 1:30 - 5:30 and Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday from 11:30- 5:30. For the safety of all following CDC and Erie County Health Department criteria, the below will be in place for the duration of the season June 27th- August 23rd weather and water quality permitting.
- The beach will run at 50% capacity each day. We will have 17 pods available on a first come first serve basis.
- Residents only are allowed to utilize the beach, one member from each family will be required to show their ID with Orchard Park Residence listed on it upon entering the beach area.
- The beach and sand will be open at 11:30 am each day. Anyone on the beach prior to that time will be asked to clear the area and wait in line for one of the 17 available pods.
- There is a max limit of 7 individuals per pod.
- The beach will close at 5:30 pm. Any one on the beach at that time must vacate the sand and water.
- The swim area only will be open this summer. No Quaker Splash, no boat rentals, no concessions.
- The slide will be open for use.
- While on the beach and in the water, social distancing must be practiced. Please keep a minimum of 6 feet between your family and others. Staff will be enforcing this policy throughout the day.
- Lifeguards will be on staff to provide surveillance of the water. Parents, you are still responsible for supervising all children who are part of your group for safety and social distancing in and out of the water.
- Restrooms will be cleaned once per day at 8:00 am.
- Restrooms will be open while the beach is running. One family inside the restroom at a time. Those waiting to use the restrooms need to stand 6 feet apart- look for the markings we have placed on the ground outside each restroom.
Quaker Splash 2020- CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
Our playground on the water! Open when lifeguards are on duty (weather dependent)
Boat Rentals- Summer 2020 CLOSED FOR THE SEASON
Please use additional links provided below to learn more about:
Playground and Splash Pad