The purpose of the American Red Cross Lifeguarding course is to teach participants the knowledge and skills needed to prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies. The course content and activities prepare participants to recognize and respond quickly and effectively to emergencies and prevent drownings and injuries.
The Blended Learning allows participants to complete part of the classroom work at home while giving the class more time to work on skills in the water. Participants MUST be mature and responsible enough to complete the online learning prior to all skill sessions. An electronic completion certificate will be sent to OPREC for each participant when they complete the online modules. If an online module is not complete before a skill session as assigned, that participant will not be able to participate in the water session nor complete the course. No refunds will be provided.
Initial registration will be through OPREC. Once you are registered we will then send you a link from the American Red Cross where you will register and pay the $30.00 online course fee directly to ARC.
- 15 years of age before the final scheduled class.
- Successfully complete a required 300 yard continuous swim, 2 minutes treading water without arms and complete a timed retrieval of a 10 pound object seven to nine feet below the surface.
If a participant does not meet the pre-requisite skill on the first day of class, the participant will be reimbursed for the course.
Blended Learning Course
- 1/14- 3/18
- 2:00- 5:00 pm 1/14, 1/21, 2/4, 2/11, 3/4, 3/11 & 3/18 @ the OP High School Pool
- 12- 3 pm 1/28 @ Recreation Department at Green Lake/ Yates Park
- Participants must make all in person dates in order to complete the course
- Upon completion participants will be certified in Lifeguard/ First Aid /CPR/AED
Lifeguard Review Course/ Re-certification Course
To be eligible to take this course you must currently hold a current certification in Life-guarding, CPR/AED and First Aid
- Saturday, March 18th 7:30 am- 11:30 am OPHS Pool
- Cost: $95
- If you have any questions regarding the course please give us a call at 662-6450 ext 2.
** Please note there is no online discount for Certification Courses***