-Resident registration opens 9/1/2020, Non- resident opens 9/4
- Location: Orchard Meadows
- Day: Thursdays
- Dates: 9/17 - 10/15
- Ages 6-8: 4:00-4:50
- Ages 9-12: 5:00 - 5:50
- Fee: $50/ 5 classes
**Social Distancing will be used, group sizes no larger than 10 participants**
Equipment will be provided and immediately sanitized after use
Safety is our top priority!
- Temperature of participants taken at drop off, anyone over 99 will not be able to stay at the program
- Equipment is sanitized after each use
- Social distancing will be used while at the program
- Staff will wear masks at all times
- Participants are asked to wear masks when unable to use social distancing and transitioning to and from activities.
- Parents are asked to stay on site in case their participant needs support that does not allow for social distancing.
- One parent/ spectator per participant. Please do not bring siblings who are not enrolled in the program.
Meet Coach Martin:
Wayne Martin has been a teaching professional in the Buffalo area since 2003. He is certified at the highest professional level by the United States Professional Tennis Registry (USPTR) as well as 10U Tennis Certification, and also holds an Elite Professional Certification rating by the Unites States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA). Wayne is currently the Junior Competition Coordinator and Assistant Pro at South Towns Tennis Club in Orchard Park. Over the years Wayne has done extensive training with the USTA, USPTR and USPTA and has also trained with renowned coaches Mike Barrel, Brett Hobden, Karl Davies and numerous others. He has thousands of hours of 10 and under, junior, adult, cardio tennis and high performance coaching experience.
In addition to his coaching expertise, Wayne is also a USTA Eastern Section Clinician, helping to educate area schools and organizations on how to incorporate tennis into their curriculum as well as to improve their existing programs. Over the past 15-plus years he has coached many of the top juniors in the area, many of whom have gone on to compete at the collegiate level. Wayne has always been a big supporter of the USTA Junior Team Tennis Program. Wayne has been the coach for numerous regional and sectional championship teams and is currently the USTA JTT Coordinator for the Buffalo area.
Wayne played at the University of Connecticut and Southern Connecticut State University and helped lead his high school team to the Connecticut State Championship his senior season. This wide assortment of playing, coaching, training and education experience has allowed Wayne to become one of the most versatile tennis pros and coaches in Western New York Area.