This course is an introduction to American Sign Language (ASL) and Deaf culture. Learners will learn finger spelling, numbers, vocabulary relating to everyday life experiences, grammar, depiction and information on Deaf culture. Emphasis will be placed on a “voices off” policy to focus on use of the language.
The goal of the course is to develop basic ASL skills; expressive and receptive and knowledge of the culture.
Resident registration opens 9/1, non-resident opens 9/4
Location: NEW Community Activity Center
Dates: 9/28 - 11/9 (no class 10/12)
Ages 5-8: 6:00-6:45 pm
Ages 9-13: 7:00 - 7:45 pm
Fees: $65 (6 sessions)
Safety is our top priority!
- Temperature of participants taken at drop off, anyone over 99 will not be able to stay at the program
- Equipment is sanitized after each use
- Social distancing will be used while at the program
- Staff will wear masks at all times
- Participants are asked to wear masks when unable to use social distancing and transitioning to and from activities.
- Parents are asked to stay on site in case their participant needs support that does not allow for social distancing.
- One parent/ spectator per participant. Please do not bring siblings who are not enrolled in the program.